Gifts That Make an Impact Now
Learn how you can help educate the leaders of tomorrow to address the global challenges of today.
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund
IRA Charitable Rollover
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to Rensselaer. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our work of further establishing Rensselaer as a top-tier technological research university with global reach and global impact continues. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $105,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $210,000.
- An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $53,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA).
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute so it does not create taxable income for you and it is not tax deductible.
- If you are 73 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways possible. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and go towards addressing complex challenges and new opportunities in technologically based education and research.
Gifts of Securities
If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.